Special Education (MR):
v The M.Ed
Special Education (Mental Retardation) has been launched. If we look at the
scenario of educational services in the country, we have a large number of
special schools, special classes in regular schools, integrated schools,
inclusive education and special education programming in community based
setting. The M.Ed Special Education (Mental Retardation), aims at training
special educators to work with children having mental retardation, in
different settings as mentioned above. A person qualified in M.Ed Spl. Edn
(MR) can serve as master trainer to teach special educators under going
training at diploma or graduation levels in special education (MR). In
addition they can assume the role of researchers, leaders, capacity
builders, developer and catalysts in the area of special education (MR).
Minimum Eligibility Conditions: The applicant should :
1) A candidate who has successfully passed B.Ed. (Special Education) in respective disability area from a recognized University or any other degree considered equivalent to B.Ed. (Special Education) from an affiliating University and/ or teaching department under any university recognized by U.G.C.
2) A candidate who has successfully passed the B.Ed. General course and has successfully completed a one year Diploma Course in Special Education in respective disability area recongnized by the Rehabilitation Council of India with minimum 50 percent marks in each course.
3) A student with B.Ed. in particular specialization may be allowed for M.Ed. multi - category but the reverse is not allowed. B.Ed. with multi- category should not be admitted for specialization in a single disability at the M.Ed. level.
For Foreign Nationals
1) 15% of the total intake approved by the Council to be allocated as supernumerary seats for management quota for all the above said programmes at graduate levels.
2) 15% of the total intake approved by the Council to be allocated as
supernumerary seats for foreign/ NRI quota.
The fee structures for foreign
students are as under.
(I) Fee for Indian national – at the existing fee rate.
(II) Foreign national from the SAARC and African countries – Five times of the existing fees.
(III) Foreign nationals outside the SAARC countries – Fifteen times of the existing fees